Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good skin care routine, and what is a good face mask?

I wash my face twice a day with St. ives apricot cleanser.


Then every other day, exfoliate with St. Ives apricot scrub.


I use a tinted moisturizer, and i moisturize my entire body with lotion every day.


Is that good or too much?


and I am looking for a good face mask, that rinses off, and leaves my skin feeling amazing, but do i really need one? oh and i have normal skin.Good skin care routine, and what is a good face mask?
I think your doing too much for your skin. Just lay back and relax a bit.


The only thing i can think of that could help is that whenever you get sweaty wash your face with water.Good skin care routine, and what is a good face mask?
less is more. Don't wash your face in the morning, just splash it with water. NIghtime use a good cleanser that is also gentle to remove makeup, dirt and oil. I like MaryKay Timewise cleanser - it is a 3 in 1 and gentle, since you like to exfoliate this might be a good choice for you. It is a cleanser, exfoilater and toner in one. Then use a eyecream and a good nightime moisturizer, a serum before the moistuzer is also a good anitaging preventative Oil of olay makes a great serum. Always us a moisturizer with spf in the morning along with your eyecream. As for face masks-- waste really, if you want something that feels amazing take a washcloth or handtowel, soak it in hot water, let it cool a little. lay down and set it on your face for 10 minutes, that feels amazing!
That depends on your skin and what issues you have with it. For me, I have sensitive skin that is prone to acne, and is on the combo side. I can't exfoliate often, no more than 3 times a week, or my skin starts drying out too much. And all my products need to be very gentle. The ones you use would be too much for my skin for sure.





Facial masks are not a necessity. Use one if you want, and no more than once a week.





You may want to try cutting down on the exfoliating because the one you are using is very rough. Your skin may benefit from a break.


As long as your tinted moisturizer has SPF, then you are fine. If not, then get an SPF to apply with it.


Also, moisturize at night.





Cleansing morning and night is important, as is the moisturizing, with every skin type. IF you want to exfoliate every other day, switch to something a LOT more gentle, then save the one you use now for once a week.
If you already have great skin, then I wouldn't suggest putting alot of product on your skin daily. I had FLAWLESS skin last year and over the summer I used atleast 10 different cleansers/toners over the weeks. My skin was not as I expected it to be. It is good to have a routine, but don't get too carried away like I did. Good luck and I hope I helped a bit. :)
Do the Speed Mapping thing on Dermalogica.com and they'll get you a regiment of products. Or check out the Clean Start line. I think it's a 3 step daily routine.
mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment