Wednesday, January 6, 2010

When the Swine Flu epidemic starts to kick in here, do you think a paper mask will save you?

ha, ha, I have a handyman business with my husband but we don't have health insurance. A few years ago I decided to go work at a hospital for health insurance. We have to wear gloves %26amp; if someone had something highly contagious in the room we had to clean, we put on a mask %26amp; a paper gown...it was insane. You should see how many gowns are used in intensive care....I thought I must be an idiot if I think these paper products are going to prevent anything. So seeing your question brought back the memories of how crazy it was at the hospital. NO, a mask is not going to do anything except make you sweat %26amp; feel uncomfortable. I think it has already started to kick in, in the USA already...I ended up quitting the job cause I figured with all the disease in the hospital that when I got old it would end up manifesting if I got sick or weak %26amp; didn't want to do that to my family for a paycheck.When the Swine Flu epidemic starts to kick in here, do you think a paper mask will save you?
Hahaha! You can now see I was right. Report Abuse
When the Swine Flu epidemic starts to kick in here, do you think a paper mask will save you?
No it will not...





I heard on the ITV news today that covering your face with a mask is actually worse : as there are gaps in side of the mask..so air is still escaping..it also makes your mouth to get sweaty and you then wipe your face and touch something else...





But i suppose if people wanna think they are reducing the risk let them..lolz...





But isn't it funny with some people have those masks and others around them don't.....
Nopee =[


If it come to the uk i will probably die!! I didn't have my flu jab and i'm diabetic so my immune system is sh*t!! =[





Fingers crossed that it does or that it don't reach the Uk! I feel sorry for everyone in Mexico it must be horrible!!





Have a good week hun xx =]
For chrissakes, it's a load of rubbish, just whipped up to justify the WHO in their cushy jobs. Remember bird flu? Remember SARS? Just go to bed with a hot water bottle if you're really feeling wimpy.
It may reduce the chance but its no guarantee, i think it has more of a placebo effect on people, they feel safer with it on
No, but I have this cute Hello Kitty one I got during the SARS break out in Tokyo so at least I can be fashionably sick.....?
Negative
t-95 should do the trick, t-90 would work too. so yes paper mask will reduce likelihood of exposure
I dont think it will, Its like having a brick dropped on you and putting an umbrella up
You think this is bad, just wait until the swine flu earns our trust and mates with our women...then we will be trouble
No.





Which is why I'm getting a Biohazard suit.
Maybe. In WWI, pee covered rags saved people from chlorine or mustard gas.
No
Gas mask, baby... gas mask....
i hope so
no..


:(
nope
no.. i think one should not risk it..
no.
I don't even know what that is.

No comments:

Post a Comment