Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I need an easy mask that I can make at home?

I need a mask that I can make at home. I don't have avocado, honey, or oats. Sorry! But I really need one to do because I am having a relaxation night! :)I need an easy mask that I can make at home?
You can use basic ingredients found around the house to make your own simple, hydrating masks. If you have oily or acne prone skin, mud or clay-based masks are great for balancing out your skin. Dry skin will benefit from hydrating masks made from glycerin, honey and oils. Ginseng or green tea masks are great for soothing skin.





Masks (homemade or otherwise) should stay on for 10-15 minutes, should follow with a cleansing and a thin layer of moisturizer.





Here are recipes we've gathered over the years arranged by skin type.





All Skin Types


Homemade Clay Mask for All Skin Types


Yogurt Face Mask for All Skin Types





Natural skin brightener recipe from India (July 2008 Cosmopolitan Magazine) Mix a tablespoon of turmeric powder in 1 cup of plain yogurt. Leave on for 5-10 minutes, then rinse off.





Homemade 'Cat Litter' Mask for All Skin Types


We got this recipe off a TV show years ago. The beauty expert (Diane Irons) swore cat litter is made of the same ingredients as special clays found in $100 spa facials. We tried this and loved it.








Oily, Acne-Prone Skin


Banana Mask for Oily Skin

No comments:

Post a Comment